Confident Woman Creed
Everyday I have a choice and opportunity to be that which I desire – which is simply put – to be a courageous, empowered and confident woman.
Now it’s not that being a confident woman is always simple or easy and at times far from it! But that is in essence what I aspire to and what I know many other women do too.
A creed is described as fundamental beliefs or guiding principles. Perhaps better stated as what you already believe or the belief of who you aspire to be.
I catch myself sometimes in an in-between moment of who I say or believe I am and who I am becoming. These in-between moments come out of some sheer chaos and fear driven drama. But I understand now that personal growth generally comes about like that and we become more confident as we evolve. We tend to have our biggest breakthroughs when we push past our ego trying to keep us small and busy with something unimportant and finally let go of that to step into the fear of doing the thing that our authentic self really wants us to do instead.
So for me this really showed up when I left corporate world and stepped into entrepreneurship. One day I was all full of sassy confidence that pretty much came from corporate success but when on my own, it looked more pissy than sassy. Ha. You see the in-between was confident in the former career but still on the way in the new lifestyle business.
I found myself in those in-between moments quite a bit – kicking, crying and being Ms. Drama Queen. Thank goodness for the well of determination and belief I’ve always had deep inside – and when I got a grip again – it is what would push me through to the other side. The more I developed my self spiritually, the more my inner strength would kick in.
So with some support and inspiration from a mentor, I wrote a Confident Woman Creed that I can embrace and reference when in need.
It’s not so much a an affirmation or mantra – as those are what you can repeat to yourself until it manifests in your life, as in something you want the Universe to give you. But a creed is what I am, who I aspire to be if not yet, it’s what I have within me. My ego doesn’t always want me to believe it but I know it is there because I have proven it to myself over and over gain. This is what I want to give the Universe and others…..
This is about my purpose, my connections in family and out in the world, it is my guidance, my action and my light.
- I am more than I appear to be. All the world’s strength and power rests inside me. I am master of my fate and captain of my soul.
- My purpose is to grow; to be a better person today than I was a week ago. I will make the world a better place by first being better myself, then sharing what I know with others simply and humbly.
- I am enveloped in my family’s love. Their support frees me to be everything I can and want to be. I in turn will do my best to provide for and protect the people I love most in the world.
- All things are one. Every person owns a beautiful story; I learn best by listening, not judging. By learning about another, I learn about myself.
- The people I love do not belong to me; they have every right to think, speak and act as they wish. Things don’t always work out the way I want; I can grumble, or I can grow.
- I will do my best to live each day as if it were my only. I think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh a lot, work hard, give freely, and I am kind. I am happy and grateful that I am becoming all I was born to be.
So dear one, what is your creed or what do you aspire to? I would love to hear from you – sharing expands your intention to even more allow you to step into your greatness. I would love to hear from you.