Holiday Stress & Tips for Superwoman
Knowing When to Say YES and When to Say NO
I'm writing you from the still December evening in my Arizona home – avoiding holiday stress. It's been quite cold here this weekend with evening temps in the 30's. Which Which may not sound cold to many of you but I say BRRRR!
It's actually been quite perfect because the natural environment, all cold and a bit frosty are just what we humans often forget during this time of holiday craziness — December is a time to SLOW DOWN, BE STILL and BE SELECTIVE about how you spend your energy.
How's that going for you? We often taken on too much of the holiday stress this time of year.
For me, I've been wearing warm, cozy sweaters, sipping hot chocolate and doing my workouts indoors. I am wishing I had a fireplace about now. I'm also saying No to things I might really like to do, but feel aren't in alignment with what my soul needs right now. I'm still helping clients experience transformation, spending time creating new homestudy courses plus making time for family and friends – but I'm still winding down my pace.
You see, I've decided to recover from the holiday stress of being super woman, doing too much addict, over-giver, do it all-by-myself kinda gal and – this "recovery" has included practicing living in alignment with my authentic self as a way to work less hard, have a higher impact and be happier – as a result learned to trust a few things, such as:
- A woman aligned within, can be highly creative and productive without being too busy or stressed, you just have to practice the Feminine Power of PAUSE so you can find the stillness in the crazy.
- Engage your Femimine Power of SUPER SELF LOVE in the form of self-care and self-honor, CHOOSING wisely how to spend your energy – not saying yes to everything, and being willing to say No, even if you would love to say yes. I know that you may find it hard this month to stay out of the overwhelm, the over giving, over-eating, over-spending, over-visiting, etc – which is why I am committed to ensuring that you don't move through December like a crazy person, only to deplete yourself and then come January be stressed out – you CANNOT start your year from that place. Well you can, but wouldn't you rather end your year and start 2016 MORE full of energy, joy, peace, love so you can create 2016 from a place of ENOUGHNESS, centerdness and connectedness to your authenticity.
I've got 3 tips to help you avoid holiday stress, SLOW DOWN… BE STILL (even in the crazy )… and SELECTIVE about what you say yes to (and without feeling guilty for saying no).
1. BE SMART WITH YOUR TIME & ENERGY – DON’T OVER GIVE or OVER DO. Avoid holiday stress. GIVE ENOUGH, not more, AND SAVE THE REST FOR YOURSELF
Say yes when it feels really right. Give to the people and things that you love this holiday season, and RETAIN energy for yourself. Remember to GIVE to yourself. And do it before you run yourself into a cold or a sore neck. When you start feeling that run down sensation or the stress kick in, ask yourself, “Am I over-giving?" "Am I over-doing?" "Am I over extending myself?" If the answer is yes, stop, drop and realign your giving equation and ask “What is ENOUGH to give, to do, to offer?” and “What do I need to also GIVE myself?”
2. BE STILL – SPEND EXTRA TIME IN YOUR ZEN SPACE
December is a time of going inward for the feminine and it’s more natural to want to cozy up at home than to flit from party to party every night. Pick your social outings wisely, doing the ones that fill you up the most. Don’t be afraid to pass on social obligations that don’t totally light you up. Decline politely, wish them holiday cheer, and then create a cozy, warm space inside your home full of self love, magic and holiday beauty. Use that energy to fill you up.
3. BE SELECTIVE – Say NO TO WHAT FEELS OUT OF ALIGNMENT WITH WHAT YOU REALLY NEED & WANT, EVEN IF THAT MEANS DISAPPOINTING ANOTHER.
Choose the FEW Things that really matter to you and say YES to those. The self-loving, high vibrational women in you knows what is for and doesn’t waste your vital energy carrying around feelings of guilt or obligation. She does what she needs to do and wants to do, without apologizing or being a victim or martyr. She’s never rude, always full of love, and she has no qualms about setting healthy boundaries. Make this a holiday that you do your way. Set the intention that you will fill yourself up with energy, love and happiness this holiday, and anything that doesn’t fit those ideas, you can pass on, without guilt or obligation.
Which of the 3 Feminine Powers of Pause choices will you commit to? And WHY is this important to YOU? Go ahead and comment below too so we can witness you in support and in solidarity as you – as we – take a stand for living for what we really need.