Do you visualize? Do you want to learn how to visualize and see your dreams in reality? More than an elusive someday dream. What if you could move them into reality and move your spirit forward, open your heart and tingle with eagerness, anticipation and belief?
Yes! Yes! Me too!
Do you want to create a juicier life, career, business or relationship yet feel confused when it comes to getting clear about what that means exactly….or how to get it going? Ugh.
No worries, I have some tips for you on Visualizing that will put you in the perfect frame of mind to begin attracting into your life what you want – and it can start right now! This is a powerful process and very empowering.
Maybe you have tried visualizing or meditation…if so, has this ever happened?
You’re seated in your favorite spot with a nice lit candle burning and soft, beautiful music is in the background and then…NOTHING.
You want to spend time visualizing, but it doesn’t feel real. Or your mind keeps wandering back to the laundry or conversations from work or that inbox full of emails. Right?
Yes, this has happened to me too!
Here’s what I’ve learned that made a huge difference. Until you are able to completely ‘let go’ in your mind, your vision will always be a little gray and fuzzy – and that’s no good when it comes to creating a vision for your life.
Try these simple tips that can make the process easier.
• I put a little preparation time in before sitting down for serious visualization. I turn off my computer (or at least turn off the sound), phone and make sure no one is going to disturb me.
• Get cozy in a comfortable space. This spot or space changes for me, depending on my mood. Sometimes I sit on floor in my office or sometimes in the living room. I like soft music and usually instrumental. Being near water or hearing water is awesome too. I definitely enjoy the soft light and smell of aromatherapy candles.
• Choose other props. If you’ve got music and candles so just add a pen and paper or journal. These are things that help set the mood. You also want to create a feeling of this being a special time and you’re doing something really important for yourself and your life. So, shut off the rest of the world for just 10 minutes – turn it off completely.
Set a timer. Sometimes I use a timer and sometimes I have a specific CD or music on my computer that plays for 10 or 15 minutes. That also helps to relax and not worry about falling asleep or missing something.
• I like having a few mental, emotional and visual triggers in front of me before I begin my visualization which help me get a clear vision quicker.
• In my home I can enjoy looking at my dream boards. I have several for various areas of my life including business, travel, health and fun with my husband, friends and family. You can use whatever visual stimulation that works for you, maybe it is magazines.
• Music is a big trigger for me too. When I’m visualizing I will pick music that ‘takes me away’. Some songs inspire me, some songs remind me of certain moments in my life and other songs seem to be the perfect accompaniment to creating my vision.
• It’s nice to have a prepared Vision Statement for your life too. Write this in your own handwriting, something broad and feels good to your heart.
Example- My life is full of travel and adventure as I enjoy a career that takes me around the world…..and add more that inspires you personally.
• Relax, breath deep, soften your body and let your imagination flow. See the pictures you’ve chosen to symbolize what feels good and makes you smile, remember the words you’ve chosen to express your vision, and get lost in the music.
• Now, in your mind, begin your day, living your vision. Choose an event that’s important to you and Imagine as much as you can by ‘seeing’ it really happening – it can be a proud moment, a conversation, recognition, time with someone, peace and serenity, a fun place or experience. In your mind you want to see yourself living this event now – not as if you are looking at yourself in a picture but from inside the picture and looking out at your daily life. What does your hair look like? What shoes are you wearing? What do your surroundings look like? Who is there with you?
• What does it feel like to be here? Who are you Being in this vision?
Do this every day for the next 5 days for only 10 minutes. Each day the vision may change, new things may pop into your head. Just enjoy experience.
There is no wrong way to do this! If you find your mind wandering, gently bring yourself back to your vision. After a few times, you will notice that your vision gets clearer. The feelings and emotions will get stronger. You can do this as many times a day as you like. Allow yourself to daydream and play with the new feelings and experiences that you are allowing in.
As children we may have been told to stop daydreaming – like when we are supposed to be doing our homework. But the truth is, this is – daydreaming is one of the most important things we can do to create our lives. Oftentimes it is this childhood deterrent that makes it harder for us as adults to start visualizing or daydreaming again.
Make note of the inspirations that come to you and keep them near you. Each time read over them you will get a burst of energy and it will feel fun and exciting. You will get inspirations on actions to do that will help you create this new life. Pay attention and put into action.
Divine guidance is always on your side. Connect to your vision, see it, feel it, allow it to unfold and take the steps that are pulling you forward naturally.
For more guidance or support on creating a compelling vision or to move forward with commitment and aligned actions to make this your best year yet – I invite you to a complimentary consultation on what this can look and feel like for you. I offer a signature coaching program that is designed to meet you where you are in your life now and with specific methods that create results – often immediately. See more here.
P.S. Remember to grab your complimentary copy – Awaken Your Feminine Power – Secrets to Being a Confident, Purposeful and Sensual Woman. Click here.