Is your story true or are you telling lies?
You have a story – it’s called your life. A story of good times, hard times, happy times, sad times – in your zone and sometimes zoned out. You really do have a plethora of unique, crazy-wonderful, smart and inspirational life experiences.
We need you and your story. The world needs you. Your story is part of your purpose, your stepping stones to your higher potentials. It is what inspires others. You may not know this yet, but I promise it is true. But I am not talking about that story….just yet.
I am talking about the stories you tell yourself about others.
On our journey of life we encounter people in our path. Thousands of people. Lovers, friends, clients, neighbors, co-workers and more – even the weekly grocery store clerk or taxi cab driver.
They are all part of your journey….and potentially part of the story.
Sometimes the story gets crabby, pissed, disheveled, painful, disappointing…..
- He didn't’t call back – another man who doesn't know how to treat a woman
- She is trying to make me look bad at the office because she's jealous
- She is rude and not a very nice neighbor
- They are cheap and would rather get half-assed help for ‘free’ than pay for my quality services/products
Or what about the stories you tell about yourself?
- I am not as pretty or smart (young, old, thin, etc) as her and quality men don't go for my type
- I don't have a college education and will never get a high paying job
- My neighbor thinks I am weird and doesn't’t like me
- Having a business is hard, I am doing all that I can and not sure I can make this happen. customers
Stories can play in our mind randomly, often and without conscious awareness.
But are they true?
Have you ever caught yourself in a lie? Have you ever made up a story about someone only to find out later they were away on a family emergency (for example) and could not respond, attend, call…etc.
The truth is many of the stories we may be thinking or telling about others and ourselves have potential to be BIG fat lies!
You're not trying to lie. I’m not either. We are doing our best. But it happens. Unfortunately. It's how we really believe or want to believe at that moment.
These stories, lies, untruths are also self-generating.
Which means, those lies are creating our life right now. There is likely a part of your current reality that is based on a big fat lie.
I know, it sucks.
What we think about, how we feel or give our most dominant attention – is what shows up in our physical world.
And that’s the truth. It’s also the law – so says the science of Law of Attraction. The magnet of energy that brings to us what we give our attention too.
Could there be another side to the story you are telling?
- Maybe he broke his leg playing sports and on bed rest.
- Maybe your neighbor is shy and wishes you would say hi.
- Maybe she is so insecure that she works overtime to be noticed.
- Maybe you just need more belief and support on making your business a success.
I mentioned only mere examples, but you get what I mean, right?
Here’s an idea that might help to stop self-generating from the lies that are pretending to be true – but really making your life hell.
The goal is: How can you begin to tell a better story?
Awareness is key. Whenever you catch yourself telling a story – and I am talking about something not so nice, something that makes you angry, hurts you, upsets you, belittles you …….ask yourself
1. Is this really true? Do I know this for certain?
2. Is there something in this situation that I can learn about myself?
3. How can I see this differently?
4. Have I ever done this?
Get into a habit of journaling these questions. Question the stories. Write out the answers. The stories of them, of you.
Journaling allows you to go deeper into your soul. It is private, releasing, exploring, provides soul guidance and can be life changing. Seriously, it is that powerful.
Self awareness is about becoming whole. When we don't embrace or try to hide our untruths, lies and made up stories – they eventually come out anyway. Often sideways and crazy, hurtful or with unexpected consequences.
Every story we tell is a reflection of ourselves, good bad and in-between.
I will leave you with this thought and your own self exploration. I'll be back soon to talk about that other story. The one that is your true gift of life.
Dream big, darling…
A positive corner of the Internet that provides thousands of women much needed resources, inspiration and useful strategies to prioritize their heartfelt dreams in their personal lives or purposeful careers and businesses.